Path Finder makes you a master of file management. Take full control over your file system. Save your time: compare and synchronize folders, view hidden files, use Dual Pane and full keyboard navigation to browse your file system. Work how you want: extreme customization allows you to access most tools in many different ways to suit your workflow. Work seamlessly with other platforms: don’t leave any hidden .DS_Store files on non-Mac volumes, delete files securely and completely with the powerful delete feature from any volume type, search any network volume.
- View and manipulate hidden files
- Dual Pane View
- Full keyboard navigation
- Folder comparison and synchronization
- Folder merging
- Batch renaming
- Powerful file filtering
- One-click dual-pane copy
- Bookmarks and Tab Presets
- ACL editor
- File tagging
- Editable Path Navigator
- Powerful low-level search
- Smart sorting
- Advanced selection
- Integrated terminal
- Integrated text and image editors
What’s new in Path Finder
News, changes and improvements:
- Added ability to add custom files into the browser window toolbar using file selector (the old way with drag’n’drop stopped working in macOS 10.14 Mojave).
- Added ability to add regular files into Sidebar’s “Favorites”.
- Postpone copying, moving, deleting or archiving files if they are busy
- Fixed disabling automatic update checks.
- Fixed potential crash when looking for SMB shares.
- Fixed potential random crash when connected to Windows server with
- Fixed potential crash when creating RAM disk.
- Path Finder 9 brings back collapsable module shelves, known from version 7 and earlier. There are four shelves, on each side of the browser window. But now, each shelf is fully customizable and can accomodate for arbitrary number of freely arranged and customised modules, known from version 8. Hence, Path Finder 9 merges the best of both worlds; many customized modules, easilly collapsable to gain more browsing space when necessary
- Appart from collapsable shelfs, Path Finder 9 brings many significant improvements in the way applicaton performs and behaves. It improves compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina, fixes many potential crashes, memory and CPU consumption issues, UI and other bugs and annoyances. Numerous small features are added and exising one improved and redesigned. Overall, the application is more robust and stable, providing a solid foundation for further development and improvements.