Tower is a Git client for OS X that makes using Git easy and more efficient. Users benefit from its elegant and comprehensive interface and a feature set that lets them enjoy the full power of Git.
Tower abstracts Git’s complexity in an easy-to-use interface. For example, lots of actions can be performed simply via drag-and-drop, and mistakes can be undone easily. Advanced users can increase their productivity with features like single line staging, submodule support, or the file history.
- git-svn support
- File history
- git-flow support
- Submodule support
- Blame view
- Single-line staging (per-line committing)
- Discard chunks/lines
- Direct Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, GitSwarm, Beanstalk, Visual Studio Team Services, Team Foundation Server and Rhodecode integration
- Support for Bitbucket team accounts
- Support for full-screen and Retina displays
- Many powerful drag-and-drop features include merge, rebase, push /pull to/from remote, apply stash, create new branch, etc.
What’s new in Tower
- Ignore Whitespace Changes: Multiple whitespace changes in a diff can make it difficult to focus on changes in the code itself. The improved diff view brings you the option to toggle this setting, either showing or ignoring whitespace changes.
- Inline Highlighting of Changes: Viewing changes in a file has just become a lot easier in Tower. Inline changes are now highlighted in diffs, so you can spot changes at first glance.
- Diff Themes: Ever wished you were able to change the font type, size, and color for Tower’s diff view? Now you can! Select one of the pre-installed themes, or create your own by customizing the font, the background color, and even the color used to highlight Added and Deleted lines. Created a theme you really love? Grab it and share it with others! Learn more about the new diff themes in our documentation.
- Diff View: Tower now shows diffs for untracked files (including images), eliminating the need to stage a file just to see the diff for it.
- Diff View: It is now possible to stage, unstage, and discard contents of untracked files.
- Preferences: Unified the appearance of all list view action bars in the preferences.
- Diff View: In some cases, the diff was being generated incorrectly after discarding/unstaging deleted lines.
- History View: The file path for renamed files now correctly shows the old and new file path in the changeset view.
- GPG Keys: Reloading the user’s current GPG keys could crash in certain cases.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8 or later
Type: codesign -f -s - --deep
Drag and drop the app into Terminal